Monday, January 16, 2017

"Nutty" but Not a Nut

January 16, 2017

So this week in a shell that is nutty, but not a nut ;P
 
This week we had to do a mini exchange with our Zone leader's, to do a pass off lesson to pass Mitch off to the YSA. The ZL's showed up and Elder Conder and I were debating on who should go. Basically, had the ZL's flip a coin, I was chosen to go and in the lesson we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Mitch just started in to the lesson and plowed through it and we were tying in how he needs to be in the YSA ward to get Baptized. He accepted the fact that he needed to but he wanted to have one more lesson with Elder Conder and I before the ZL's take over. (Inside my head, I was thinking, "Crap, No he is attached to us and won't want to be passed off) and that went great. We got a text from the sisters that night to take pictures of the temples to one of their recent converts. The next day we went and dropped them off first thing in the morning. We then had to give service at a squash farm, and that day we had to dig trenches for a sprinkler system, and yeah, I kinda over did it. We were only supposed to go down 1 foot and I went about 4 feet down and did the high majority of the trenches. They took me out of the trench digging, and I received the comment that" If WWIII happens when Trump is elected that they would want me on their side because I could dig a hole that would go to China and not die" LOL :)
 
Right after that we had Aaron Boston cancel our appointment so we then, came home and we had a Member named Neil, come to our apartment to talk with us because he got DUMPED hardcore Sunday. He found out that his girlfriend was cheating on him the entire time and for the rest of that day we talked with him, and he gave us a RISK game. We played until he felt better for that day. We then did exchanges right after he left and I was left in the area  (interesting fact I have only ever left my area on exchange 5 times in the past year.) I had another Greenie that I was with and we basically had to stay inside. We had Sushi which I have to say is good if you get it fried, because I had a fried roll and a raw roll on 2 separate days, the fried tastes better and doesn't make your stomach sick. Oh, and the Companion that I had here for the exchange is a cousin to a less active guy that we are teaching (what are the odds LOL.) The entire mission up here in the desert had interviews with President Taylor. Right after we got home Neil showed up again, and again he was struggling with the break up so our day fell to crap, again. Right as he left we had our DL show up for more exchanges and guess what, I was left in the area. That next day we finished the game of Risk and Neil felt better a little (Seth when we get home I want to play a game of risk with you.) After that we set up a return appointment with our investigators and had dinner. Then had to re-exchange and when we did that we had to go to a Choir practice and I was the only one that could drive, because I was the Oldest missionary, and I was Green dotted meaning that I was the only one that has a clean driving record on the mission. So I got to finally go driving in a bike area (YEAH!) Sunday we had a lesson with Mitch and all 4 of us the missionaries were there instead of the 2 like last time. This time we taught him the Law of Obedience, which he told us that he has started already to keep the WOW and the Law of Chasity, and that is my week in a shell of a nut LOL
 
Love you all,
Ammon

No comments:

Post a Comment