Monday, January 9, 2017

Building Relationships of Trust

Dear Family,
I am doing okay. Thomas is an awesome guy, he has been very helpful to me on my mission. Dad is sub-ing yeah people love dad, it is hard not to. Remember that people just flock to him to talk to him. And is Bro Hart okay, I mean what is stopping him from coming to church, has he been Elder's Quorum for to long or what is it? And I hope that Bro Brake is doing okay with that, and how is his little boy been? And Josh is getting sealed in the St Louis temple that is awesome, please send me pictures of it. 
 
Now to my week, is was good, we had a lesson with Mitch an investigator, we got him on a baptismal date, and we have taught him the restoration and the plan of salvation. He was gulping it up, but bad news he doesn't live in our ward so we have to pass him off to the YSA elders, because he is 21, and wants to start a family right now. We had a killer lesson with Aaron, we met with him for our second lesson and he started asking us about the Word of wisdom. We planned to teach the plan of salvation, but we jumped off the tracks and got on his level and taught him the WOW and he committed to start keeping the WOW. Right after the lesson we went down to a local gas station and threw his tobacco and cigarettes in the dumpster there. Still working on Coffee with him, but he is slowly weening himself off of it, so we will see how this goes. 
 
Yes, there is rain in our forecast...FINALLY.... although it kinda sucks here if it does rain because, we have to bike over dirt paths to get anywhere in our area, and we get muddy if it rains and people won't let us in if we are muddy. Most members take pity on us and let us in to get dry and warm, which is something to be thankful for #tender mercies. Yes, I am warm, but next week is forecast with high winds, so we will see how well we get through it. :) Teaching people is like a bear, it is hard, fun, and weird all at the same time but it is totally worth it to see them progress. 
 
I do make my bed, Elder Conder before that picture was taken was poking and prodding me to get up even though I told him I needed a nap, and I got tired of him doing that so I got up and did something else to make him stop pestering me. I have been getting enough to eat. We have been working on getting a dinner calendar coordinator to get us dinner, but we have been working on that for 4 months. The crab was fun, we kept on thinking of what we would do if it came to life right then and there, and we got several laughs out of it. I always try to be a nice guy, and there is an Elder that finished his mission and he was giving all of his stuff away, and I got his GPS and Pokemon deck and the kids love it. It is apparently getting popular again with 7 year old's, so I am ready for when a 7 year old wants to play. The guy with the gun has worked everything out and is okay and so is his mom. We are working on ward trust, it is hard particularly as there have not been solid missionaries for 6 months and we are trying to start something that the previous missionaries broke, so we are working on it, and we are trying to fix it.
 
Love,
Ammon

No comments:

Post a Comment