Monday, September 26, 2016

Sleep Deprived

 
I am doing better mom, and I have been transferred. I am now serving in the Mojave Narrows ward in Apple Valley, I will most likely have to do a LOT of off roading. I was 6 months chaffed out of Maple, and Elder Low was 6 week chaffed there too. Elder Low is now a Zone Leader serving in the Tongan ward in Victorville. I am now serving with Elder Muhlestein, he seems to be pretty cool, and chill with getting a new companion and working with me. I have been doing great. Oh, and there were some Part members that were wanting to look at the photos of our family on Facebook, and they made the comment that Dads Facebook is LOCKED DOWN. Could you send me the J. Golden Kimball tape that I like to listen to, it should be in one of my totes, and could you have dad send it as an audio recording, not as the cassette.
 
I am well and when I was in Maple I'll give you the rundown of how the last week went, we were busy as heck trying to get everything ready for the transfer. We had a lesson with a couple and they were at each other throats, poking each other with things in the past, and they were going to drop us and I knew I had nothing to lose because I was leaving. So I told them what I thought of what they were doing, and told them to grow up. It was funny because they are in their 60's-70's and started to laugh, because I was a youngster telling them to Grow up. We were able to keep them as investigators. We had another lesson with another investigator, we found out why he has been meeting with us, as it turns out the member that the investigator is living with, told him that if he was going to live there that he had to go to Church and take the lessons, but now he is actually interested and wants to know. Unfortunately, now the ward has been whitewashed so the missionaries there, I hope, they are able to keep them and help them come unto Christ.
 
We were planning for our next week in case we weren't being transferred and so we did it the day before we were going to get our calls for our Transfer. We found out we were being white washed and that we had 3 days to get our Crap together and to clean our apartment spic and span. In those last 3 days, we were slammed on appointments, and after we had all of our appointments, we usually had dinner with a member and they would keep us until about 10 at night, even though we were on our bikes and were ready to leave. When we would get back we packed for an hour then would pass out and not wake up till 6:30 am, and that was every day. Members refuse to let their missionaries go. I mean we would say we have a lesson in an hour, and they would be like I'll drive you, and we were sitting in the car for about 30 minutes to go 1 mile, because they wanted to talk to us. I found out that I was one of the longest missionaries in that area, I was there for 6 months and only one person before me was there for longer, 9 months. I was sad that I didn't break that record, but I do get to try a different area and learn many new ways of teaching and learning. Today was crazy, we got to bed LAAAAATTTTTTEEEE and we had to wake up early to go to my new area and to meet my new companion. How is life at home? I apologize that I am not very coherent right now, I am very tired and haven't had an opportunity to sleep.
 
I love you all,
Elder Van Engelenhoven
 
P.S. we will get to the area tonight and discuss it then. My new companion seems cool, and funny, and I think he is a hard worker, I don't know, I haven't seen him in action, and yes he has a strong testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment