Tuesday, July 5, 2016

FOOD

Well, to let you know, I have not moved far from the Maple Ward.  In fact, I and Elder Jessee and our ward mates swapped our areas into our new area, which is now in the Maple ward.  We lost our car to President Taylor, so we are now a bike area.  Great time to Change our area from a car area to a bike area in the middle of summer, but that’s okay I could stand to lose a couple of pounds of sweat. Oh, I have a request for something else you can send me, I need a biking bag.  The bag I came out with is great and still in one piece but it is very unwieldly on a bike, and I have those angels working overtime to keep me safe.  I have been given a backpack to use but it is coming apart and we have been asked to stop using them.
 
 (When asked if he could use a bike rack or panniers.)  I can do that, the bike will be a little heavy on one side but I could do that, plus it would make it to where I won't have sweat stains on my shirts anymore.  Oh, my shirts have been turning yellow, any advice on what to do to turn them back to TEMPLE WHITE?
 
Please send some recipes, bread (any and all), 7 layer dip, tacos, coco cola chicken, meatloaf, soups, chilies, Chinese chicken salad, French toast, and Dad's Mashed Potatoes.  I have found that I can cook something and have leftovers that will last all week rather than having to keep making new stuff all of the time that is only good for 1 meal and leaves you kinda hungry afterwards. A bread recipe would be appreciated, oh and have the kids learn how to cook.  There are a lot of things that if they learn there under moms tutelage that will save them lots of grief and PAIN down the road.
 
Mom, the people here don't understand how to give a missionary a haircut, everyone here does a fad-ish hairstyle.  My hair is the closest to the approved missionary haircut standards, plus I don't want to drop $20 for a haircut that I will have to get cut again in 2 weeks, that's $60 out of my MSF that's $90 for food, toiletries, and miscellaneous. Plus, my hairstyle only looks that bad because I am still trying to figure out how to cut it myself, but when I figure it out I will change the way that I will cut it and will cut it the correct way that is mission approved.
 
We had a Fast and testimony meeting, we had a guy walk in who was a Schizophrenic just got out of a mental institution, and was very angry and highly volatile.  He kept it under wraps for the meeting, but later in gospel principles was hateful to us all and left promptly there after, but when he left he was going down the line of missionaries squeezing their hands hard and when he got to me and tried, I felt sorry for him, all the time that dad was having us squeeze his hand pays off in the end.  He tried on me and all of the other missionaries got pained looks on their face when they shook his hand but all I can say about his hand shake was that it was almost firm, but to let him know that what he was doing was unacceptable I squeezed just a little harder and made his hand pop, but I personally think that the reason that they had pained looks was because When I shook his hand I felt something unclean and unwholesome about him and that it was their reaction to his state.
 
Thanks for helping me think outside of the box,
 
Love Ammon

No comments:

Post a Comment