Monday, March 21, 2016

Not Quitting the Day Job

Dear Family,

  Well the past week has been something of a different experience, I for the first time in my life had to cut my own hair. I will try to send you pictures. I had to buy a razor, IT'S ELECTRIC (said in a song that is not approved by the mission), and a hair clipper kit, it is expensive, we had to leave the zone activity early so that I could cut my hair, if you get the pictures don't laugh, I had no idea what I was doing so I had to eyeball is the whole way. Mom, you should teach Seth how to cut his own hair for his mission... Elder Chamberlain then gave me the basic run down on how to cut ones hair, and I partially fixed it so it would meet mission standards. 
We later went tracting that day and we ran into a family that we get to teach today, they live right across from some members, the mom is 9 weeks pregnant, and they have questions on what we believe and why, we plan to share the PLAN OF SALVATION with them as a place to start. We set up an appointment to go visit them, and they have Eiffel towers EVERYWHERE in their house. They then talked about their mother in law who is "a hard core Christian and puts Mormons to shame," if only she knew what we taught she wouldn't have said that, but we get to teach them on that matter. Elders have told me it was "DEEP", and they commented on my haircut. And we got to meet with Richard again so we read 2 Nephi 3 with him, and we clarified up some points of who was talking and to whom they were talking too (grammar Nazi of a companion). We taught Word of Wisdom to a less active, and I was able to take the lead in the lesson finally because Elder Chamberlain can give the entire lesson by himself if needs be but this time he shoved me under the bus and let me do all of the talking.  The lesson went from an in and out of 45 minutes to a hour and a half, I still need to work on my delivery. 
We started a day by doing service at the Lord's table it's a place the homeless go to get food to eat, instead of us serving drinks like last time, they stuck us back in the kitchen to wash dishes, one of the ladies there wanted to take pictures of us doing the dishes, another lady said that we would make our wives very happy some day (yes, wife points!)  We met up with a less active family and we taught them the gospel as best we could due to the husbands beliefs. We visited more less actives, one we found was a guy that just finished biking cross country from Florida to California and he did it in just under 2 months. We found a potential investigator and setup a return appointment. All right time for embarrassing moments at dinner, at dinner I was a straight up Klutz I was knocking over glasses burning my fingers on pans, and such. Later out tracting I met for the first time on my mission an atheist, who had some interesting views on the world and life in general. We also did service later at squash 4 friends, and we had to leave early to go teach Arnold Tostado the blind guy, the lesson could have been better. 
We went and visited former's and found one, we caught him on the 1 day that he was home and set up a return appointment. We visited another potential and we weren't able to teach her but we did render service and round up her dogs that were out in the street.  We had dinner for Saint Patrick's day at the Raumas. They are a nice family, and they invited Malvuea Thomas to dinner and we on the spot winged a lesson for him, because we were pulled aside and the members told us to don't even bother with them (the members,) just administer to his needs, so the lesson was winged but it was still good, and Malvuea has been meeting with the other missionaries and he shared his story of how the devil is coming after him to get him away from god. We didn't have missionary correlation that day because we were so busy teaching Malvuea.  My week has been nothing but crazy, and one thing that people say out here that bothers me to no end is "cray-cray" just say crazy it's one extra letter. Here come some photos. 
The self-made man of a haircut





No comments:

Post a Comment