Monday, March 28, 2016

Letters

Dear Family,
First Happy Birthday Kyler, and I want to thank everyone that has written to me, it is wonderful to hear from you guys. I hope you guys have had an Happy Easter, It has been a very good week this past week, we found 4 new investigators, in an area that we can only find about 1 month, but instead WE FOUND 4. All because of this Easter, I would encourage you if you haven't seen the #Hallelujah video, that you do it is very good and is more spiritual then the last #Becauseofhim which was more inspirational then anything. It is hard to believe that Dean is 3 YEARS old, what happened I thought I still had to wait another 2 years before he could start to grow older.  Soon I will just be the far estranged cousin that they haven't seen in 2 years that is SUPER OLD and smells funny. It was just like yesterday that I was playing the Duh-Wabah game with them, and now when I get back they won't want to play that anymore.

Dear Dad, could you send me my Patriarchal blessing in my birthday package. And I thought of something that could help you prepare us for missions and life, you could have 1 on 1 time with every kid and in that time you study the scriptures together, but focus on the lessons in Preach my gospel, it doesn't need to be long maybe 10 minutes...or longer if you are in a deep spiritual moment. I think that if you do this then we will be more prepared for what life has to throw at us. And this has to be like on your mission when you told the Elders about if they wanted to find success then they had to quit their sinning, now I am not saying your sinning I am saying That you have to do this with the same determination as you had on your mission. And visit the Temple as often as you can as a family

Dear Ambria,
That is awesome that you are doing Track and field, and your Coach is right, daily exercise is necessary for staying in shape for the season. I have found out personally that daily exercise is necessary because we only have ONE mortal body, and if you don't take care of it now, the rest of mortality will stink As a personal example, I fell behind in our daily morning workouts, and I now have 20 lbs that I need to drop (Thank you MTC) because I wouldn't work out, don't learn this the hard way, running with another 20 lbs sucks. Stay in shape and take care of yourself, or you could do as J. Golden Kimbell directs " you want to know the secret to living a long healthy life... get an incurable disease, you'll take better care of yourself."  Now, I am not saying get an incurable disease I am saying BE HEALTHY. I miss you too, and think about you guys often myself.... ugh.. look at that you made me cry :), I need to work on not being so trunkie about home.

Dear Josh,
I have been good, the past week has been an blessing to me and to the families we have visited, its good to hear from you.  Hey have you talked to Tom recently. I wasn't able to find him until he had his grandparent send him my information,

Dear Seth,
THAT IS AWESOME THAT YOU GOT TO BAPTIZE SOMEONE!!!!!! It is different, I haven't baptized someone out here....YET... but I do plan too, hopefully sometime here in the near future. It's wonderful that you are doing sports, I give the same advice to you as I did Ambria. I have found out personally that daily exercise is necessary because we only have ONE mortal body, and if you don't take care of it now the rest of mortality will stink, as a personal example I fell behind in our daily morning workouts, and I now have 20 lbs that I need to drop (Thank you MTC) because I wouldn't work out, don't learn this the hard way, running with another 20 lbs sucks.  Stay in shape and take care of yourself, or you could do as J. Golden Kimbell directs " you want to know the secret to living a long healthy life... get an incurable disease, you'll take better care of yourself" now I am not saying get an incurable disease I am saying BE HEALTHY.  If you find my stuff don't be to torn up about throwing it in the closet or in a tote (NOT totes as in totally but as in a storage container :) and Being an engineer is fun as long as it is something that you enjoy.  Mr. Hall was the same way with me, he would let me in the shop to do things because I was trustworthy, and I agree Big surf is not real Scouting.  If you are picking up Andy for church I would encourage you to KEEP DOING IT. I have tried myself and failed but like missionary work maybe I planted the seed, and you are the one called to collect the harvest, be a example, be light unto the world( Andy), and be that missionary that DAD helps you to be, be that missionary that MOM wants you to be, but be the missionary that the LORD know you are.

Dear Kyler,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!  I have struggled with coming to know that, I thank you for sending me that It was needed for me to hear, and I will try to follow the rules in EXACT obedience  Thank you for sharing that testimony with me. I met someone that was on your Mission, Jared James and he is a lot like you, and is terribly funny but is now leaving to join the army or Marines.

Dear Abigail,
I hope the Easter you had was like the Lego movie, and "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" I miss the Pies and rolls that you guys make, I have to try and make them out here and they are mere shadow of what is made at home. I ran into a dog like that out here, it jumped and cleared 3 ft fence and tried to nip at my heels, but once I started to pet it it calmed down and rolled over for me to get its belly the owner didn't like that. We played Volleyball out here once, it was fun, but don't get the Polynesians going because they then think that it then becomes a contact sport.  It is awesome that you got a phone, although it is nice and shiny and not scratched up, don't spend all of your time on it, go out and talk to people face to face, try to use it only in emergencies or when you need to call Family.

Dear Mom,
I hope that the living room is prepped and painted and is beautiful to you, I want you to know that I love you, so much and I thank you for all of the rough times that you were there for me. Oh and if you could send me a whistle called the Dog Dazer or something along those lines (send the slim pocket one if there is one) that would be awesome.

I love you all never doubt it.
Ammon

This next part is to Andy, please give it to him when you pick him up for Church (SETH), and only this Last part not the whole of the letter that I have written.

Dear Andy,
How have you been? I was told that you were going to Church, and I was wondering if you could keep me in the loop of how things are going at home, I didn't get to hear about you or how the Wrestling team was doing..... You remember some of the times when you were paired up with me, I thank you for your patience with me, it was because of you that I had a good time there, you treated me like a brother.  Please continue to be that brother to the team and please be that brother to Seth, I can't be there with him but you can, and a mission is hard and rough and it hurts to be away from your brothers (You are included in that) but you guys are and always will be my brothers. When Seth is cleared from his concussion, try to teach him some wrestling moves, and try not to break him, he won't like it if he has to wait another year to play sports.
 
 From
 Ammon

No comments:

Post a Comment