Thursday, February 18, 2016

Water

Dear Family,
 
I wish to say that I love you all.  Seth I hope that you read your blessing every day and that you will continue in your path for magnifying your priesthood. Ambria and Abigail I don't know exactly what your hair looks like but if it looks good to mom then it’s good for the mission. Ari all I can say is that you are lucky that you didn't have to replace a tie rod instead of a headlight. And Kyler I haven't heard from you but I would like to encourage you to pursue school, and to continue in your progression to become a nurse, some missionaries need a good nurse, (not that I have needed one;) and dad as I have been out in the field I have realized how much you were preparing me for the mission, and I thank you for it, because there are some things out here that if you didn't prep me for I would have been stumped in the questions and in their clever wording. Mom, I thank you for the love that you have given me (even when I didn't deserve it), because there are a lot of families out here who don't have parents that care or "friends".
 
2-15-16
    We had to change our cars out, a Cruise for another Cruise but with a different paint job. And the new cruise NEEDS a good washing because it is so dirty that we were willing to go back to our old cruise. We then played Chess-Capades with its inventor Bro Davies, it’s fun but it sucks up all your time on a p-day so you only play it if you don't have anything to do, and can dedicate the day to it.  We later played basketball and had an investigator come and play, after that we went back to Bro. Davies to finish the laundry and finish the game.
 
2-16-16
   We had an interesting District Meeting, because Elder Carson broke his wrist in 6 places, and was in the hospital down the hill in Rancho, so Elder Hatch had to conduct, and it was funny and awesome when he did it.  We retaught the plan of salvation to an investigator, and had dinner at a Mexican restaurant and I found it to be lacking but it was okay.  We then taught another lesson to another investigator and he liked the Fatherhood comparison to himself and Heavenly Father.
 
2-17-16
    We did service at The Lords Table today and it was great, apart from the rude manners of one of the people in line waiting for food, who had just gotten out of jail that morning, and was hungry by a lot. We then came home and skipped lunch to make it to an appointment on time, but we didn't teach them because they were all screaming and yelling and they were not at all able or willing to calm down, so we got up and left ASAP. We visited potential families and then had dinner. IT THEN RAINED!!!!!!! And a poem to go with it
 
                       "Water, water, everywhere,
                        and all the boards did shrink,
                        Water, water everywhere
                        and not a drop to drink."
 
This poem applies so well to California, because all the people are thirsty for a drop to drink, that they look for the gospel AND THEY WASTE IT ON THEIR LAWN TO WATER THE GRASS!!!!!!  (A curse upon them and their lawn)  We then to taught the restoration to a member and watched the HOUR long movie, 'The Restoration.'
 
2-18-16
We taught Malveua Thomas (a golden drop of light that fell from the sky) and I need to work on my delivery.
 
I got to go, I love you all,
 
Sincerely from the field,

No comments:

Post a Comment