Monday, February 29, 2016

Crap*

Dear Family,
   Life is okay, it is a bit slow, because people here are dropping like flies. Our potential investigator pool has dropped from 20 to 10. So we decided to visit former investigators, and a lot of them are Jehovah Witnesses, and I have a few questions for you dad,
     1) For Jehovah Witnesses, they claim to be the church of god but they are nothing more than a study group.
     2) They claim to be the church of god, if that is so where do they claim their authority to preform ordinances such as baptism
     3) They go out a "Teach" the gospel as "Missionaries" but don't you need to be called of god and given that authority to act in god’s name for the salvation of his children.
 
This past week and a half has been just CRAP* (said in a Scottish accent) because it has been nothing but people dropping us.
 
Thank you dad for filling out my taxes.  I like cookies.  I would like the recipe to your hot chocolate, there are few people that even approach it, but even then it still missing something.  Thank you dad you prepared me in building my testimony, out in the field Satan tries in every which way to break and discourage you, but you have built me up enough that when I become discouraged I can fall back on that testimony that we have built together and continue on in the work.  There has already been a missionary that has come out with me that has gone home, due to being discouraged and which it brought back his depression. Thank you for loving me enough to build me up (see Helaman 5:12). I am living alright within my budget, food is slightly cheaper here but not by much.  I would say the most difficult thing is dealing with people that say no to the gospel even after we have taught them.
 
Ari, yeah those headlights are bright, a lot of people out here have light bars on their cars and it’s useless because everyone is in by 8 and it doesn't get dark till 7:30 pm. How was the baptism, were there lots of people? Who talked and on what subject, were there any investigators that showed up to it, if so how did he/she feel about it?
 
Seth, that is awesome you can once again play sports, and you get to do honors classes.  I recommend going as heavy as possible with AP classes so that when you graduate you have some college credit to use, if you can get it now, even better.  How is the room, is it in one piece, is it messy, what is it like to have a room all to yourself?  If you can find my notes to any of my old classes you are welcome to use them to study, I can't vouch that they are understandable.
 
Abigail, I haven't seen your hair, but I hope you love it.
 
Ambria, I hope you have a good freshman (or err woman) year. I highly recommend to pay attention to your studies because some people out here didn't and they are paying the consequence for that choice. I hope you continue in basketball, if you go on a mission you will know why.
 
Braden Barton, I hope and pray that you will succeed in whatever you do, whether it be school, job, or a mission, I hope the best for you now and in your future. And quick question have you asked or planned to ask anyone to Mormon prom or school prom, which is something that I wished I could get a do over on (looking back with hindsight). You have no idea how badly I want to listen to anything that is not MOTAB.
 
Stirling White, I hope school is awesome for you.  I meet a nurse anesthetist out here and she loves her job and has an okay life now, it was better, her husband died in a car accident, thus we are teaching her. I hope you go on splits with the missionaries there because they are nice to have with a member. In fast and testimony meeting bear your testimony, there is nothing more powerful then bearing witness of Jesus Christ.
 
I love you all, and there is nothing in this world or the next that will change that.
 
Sincerely yours in the service of the lord,
Elder Ammon Van Engelenhoven
 
*Reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJVFJ2kb62c
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment