Monday, August 15, 2016

Come to Zion, Beautiful Zion

Dear Family,
I am doing well, this has been a crazy week, getting ready for my companion to go home and to get the area ready for the new missionaries coming into it, but we found out today that I am staying and that my new Companion is ...... Drum Roll please...... Elder Low, my MTC companion. This past week we have been super busy, I have been tossed, traded, and thrown around with companions this past week, I have been in 2 different areas that are not my own, and I finally just got back into my area last night. Because of transfers today, we had to get everyone's stuff rearranged. We had to clear out an apartment in Bear Valley, because sisters were coming in. So, we had to clean it out, and remove all evidence of the fact that Elders lived there before. (But, I think they will know, because of the Cockroaches.) We had fun because we were there from 6 to 11-ish, cleaning. Man, oh man it is really disgusting what you find, we threw out a dumpster of trash and BAD leftovers that have been in the fridge for ...2 transfers or 12 weeks, or 3 months, who knows?! We had to clear out everything and man, oh man I thought that the apartment smelled bad before but cleaning it was repugnant like nothing else. 
 
These past weeks we have been jumping back and forth between areas, and my area has taken a hit, but we can fix that. I haven't been able to write in my Journal this past couple of week, but I will do better and write in it more for you.
 
We have been going and visiting many of our less actives, people who we never have thought to visit, we did and I have some pretty funny stories for when I get home. I got to go to a Tofu Shop and have Korean food, it was pretty good, but it is expensive. Members took us there and had us try all sorts of crazy food, and they were absolutely fascinated in the fact that I could use a pair of Chop sticks, they were like completely amazed that I could use them, me being a "COUNTRY BOY" and "HAVE NEVER USED CHOP STICKS BEFORE, BECAUSE YOU ARE FROM MISSOURI". Members are weird; they are just like the people here that think along those lines. Just because I am one of the 10 % of missionaries that are not from Utah, and am in the middle of the USA not from the coast, I mean people don't seem to get it when I say Zion is not in Utah, it’s in Missouri.
 
I have to go,
Love you all,
Ammon

No comments:

Post a Comment